Common Sense and Tradition
May 24-29, 2015 - An Advanced Midwifery Workshop
Continuing education units have been awarded by the American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM).
This is one of our advanced workshops and is for practicing midwives, nurse midwife students, medical students, advanced midwife students, labor and delivery nurses, and doctors.
Registration Fee / Register Now / Suggested Reading List
Class participants for a special bond with each other that continues after the workshops have come to an end
Workshop for Midwives: Common Sense and Tradition
$1035 - Register Now
See registration application for information about our cash discount.
(Discount fee of $895 for Shenandoah University students with a student body card who sign up before Feb. 28, 2015)
We have been awarded CEU's from ACNM.
This fee includes all classes and two meals a day, breakfast and dinner, plus snacks of fruit, coffee and tea anytime during the workshop.
The Farm Store provides a variety of foods, salads and homemade soups for lunches. Supper will be a delicious home cooked vegetarian meal every night. Accommodations are available within our community. See our “Accommodations” page.
Dates: May 24-29, 2015
Suggested Reading List
• Spiritual Midwifery, by Ina May Gaskin $20
• Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, Ina May Gaskin $18
• Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding, Ina May Gaskin $18
You may buy the above books from us. Postage and handling
1 book = $10.00
add $4.00 for each additional book
Mail checks to:
The Farm Midwifery Center
P.O. Box 217
Summertown, TN 38483
• Myles Textbook for Midwives, Ruth Bennett and Linda K. Brown Publisher, Churchill Livingston, 1993. Order from Amazon.com
• Heart and Hands, Elizabeth Davis
• A Book for Midwives, Susan Klein
• Listen to Me Good, Smith & Holmes
• Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom, Christiane Northrup, M. D.
• Herbs for the Childbearing Year, Susan Weed
• Birth at Home, Sheila Kitzinger
• Rediscovering Birth, Sheila Kitzinger
• Lying In: A History of Childbirth in America, Wertz & Wertz. Yale University Press, 1977
• The American Way of Birth, Mitford, Jessica. Dutton, 1992
• A Midwife’s Tale, Ulrich, Laurel Thatcher. Knopf, 1990
• Brought to Bed: Childbearing in America, 1750-1950, Leavitt, Judith Walzer. Oxford University Press, 1986
• Birthing From Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation, Pam England, and Rob Horowitz