- University of Tennessee BS in Education 1966
- MS in Educational Psychology, with a specialization in Reading 1972
- Over 1000 births
- Founder and first Administrator of the North Florida School of Midwifery 1983
- Founder and first president of the Midwives’ Alliance of New York
- North American Registry of Midwives (NARM), board member 1993-2000
Throughout her midwifery career, Sharon has worked for legislation to recognize and certify Certified Professional Midwives, including a successful effort to achieve passage of Tennessee’s new midwifery law in 2000. Sharon is a guest speaker with The Farm Midwifery Workshops.